Legal & Privacy
Your use of this Website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By accessing this Website, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
Information we collect when you interact with us
If you contact us:
You may use our GDPR Information Request Form to contact us regarding your personal information on file. You can contact us through the “Contact Us” page on our Website, and through other online media, such as Facebook. When you contact us, We will collect information you provide us with, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, country of residence and place of work. We will use this information to:
- respond to any query or complaint that you raise with us; and
- provide any advice or assistance that you request from us
- keep you up to date with news about our services
Our legal basis for processing personal information that you provide when you contact us is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in conducting and developing our business and meeting and anticipating the requirements of our current and prospective customers.
If you place an order or request services from us:
If you or your employer engage Ms. Fixit to provide services, We will collect information about you through our routine business interactions. The information We collect will include your name, job details, contact details, and location. We will use this information:
- to communicate with you and provide the services requested;
- to maintain our internal records;
- to obtain advice from professional advisors, where necessary; and
- to comply with obligations that We are subject to under applicable laws, and to enforce and protect our rights.
If you apply for a job at Ms. Fixit:
If you apply for a job at Ms. Fixit (whether directly or through a recruitment agency), we will store personal information relating to you. This might include your name, contact details, current employer organization and job title, CV, details of your previous employment history and professional activities, nationality information (including copies of identity documents, such as a passport) and references provided by third parties. We collect and store this information for the purposes of:
- processing your job application;
- maintaining records of contacts and job applications;
- assessing your suitability for a position of employment at Ms. Fixit, including by verifying your identity and seeking references;
- safeguarding our legal rights and interests.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in conducting and developing our business, assessing job applications and meeting and anticipating the requirements of our current and prospective customers.
Information we collect automatically
We collect non-personal information about your visit to our Website. This information may include the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not) and what browser you are using. This information is primarily used by us to analyze web traffic and to improve the functionality and content of the Website and does not contain any personal information which may belong to you or any other individual.
Sharing of personal information
We will disclose your personal information to:
- Ms. Fixit’s parent entity, Heritage Contracting, LLC and other affiliates of Ms. Fixit;
- third parties who assist in the design, development and engineering of our products and software to the extent that this is necessary to fulfill any request you make;
- our service providers such as IT hosting companies, support services and customer relationship management system providers. These include but are not limited to WPEngine;
- professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, auditors and financial advisors;
- regulatory authorities including tax authorities; and
- law enforcement agencies, courts and other tribunals where We are under a legal obligation to disclose your information or We are permitted to do so to protect or defend our rights.
You are always free to decline cookies if your browser has this functionality, although if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Website which depend on the information linked to cookies, and you may be required to re-enter certain information more frequently during a session.
You are able to control your Cookie Settings to Accept or Opt-Out of cookies.
International transfers of personal information for user outside of the U.S.
Your personal information may be transferred to recipients located outside the European Economic Area, including Heritage Contracting, LLC and Ms. Fixit, LLC located in the United States. We will ensure that all transfers take place in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, including by entering into data transfer agreements where necessary. If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transferred, please contact us on our Website.
Ms. Fixit updates
We may use your personal information to keep you up to date with details of services offered by Ms. Fixit. You can unsubscribe from receiving these communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email that we send to you.
Protection of your information
We exercise care in protecting your personal information such as, but not limited to, your user registration, user login, user sessions, and electronic communications to and from us. This includes, among other things, using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, and Website monitoring. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while We strive to protect your personal information, We are not able to ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Website.
Retention of personal information
The period for which We will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation. For example, if your personal information has been provided to us in connection with the ordering of a service, we will retain it for as long as is necessary to provide that service, and for as long any legal action could be brought in relation to it.
We will retain all of the personal information that We collect from actual and/or potential job applications for:
- up to 12 months where such applications have been unsuccessful; and
- the duration of the applicant’s employment and 7 years from the end of the applicant’s employment where such applications have been successful.
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws in relation to personal information that We hold about you. These may include the right to request access to personal information we hold about you, or to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format, to request that it is erased or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to ask us to restrict how We process your personal information, or to withdraw your consent to how We process your personal information. Please contact us here if you would like to make a request.
You may also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to a supervisory authority with oversight of applicable data protection laws.
This Policy only applies to information collected by Ms. Fixit. Any information you provide to, or that is collected by, third-party websites may be subject to the privacy policies of those websites, if any. Ms. Fixit encourages you to read any such privacy policies of any third-party websites you visit. It is the sole responsibility of such third parties to adhere to any applicable restrictions on the disclosure of your personal information. Ms. Fixit, its directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers and representatives shall not be liable for wrongful use or disclosure of your personal information by any such third party.
Changes to this policy
Date of last update: October 3, 2019
Acceptable Use of www.MsFixit.com